The Public Works Department would like to remind business owners who are located in the Downtown Business Improvement District that a Sidewalk Use Permit is required through the Public Works Department in order to display an A-Frame/Sandwich Board Sign within the public right-of-way. Questions regarding the permit process can be directed to the Public Works Office at 406-758-7720.
A-frame/sandwich board signs within the public right-of-way are permitted under the following conditions:
1. Only one single or double-sided sign is permitted per lot;
2. A minimum 5 foot wide ADA compliant pathway remains on the sidewalk;
3. The sign is immediately in front of the business being advertised and adjacent to the building;
4. The sign is limited to a maximum of 3 feet in height and 10 square feet per face;
5. The sign may be displayed from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.;
6. Insurance coverage is provided in a manner to be reviewed and approved by the City Attorney
7. A permit is obtained from and reviewed by the Department of Public Works.
8. Must be stable under all weather conditions, including high winds.
9. Shall not advertise or promote any off-premise commercial enterprise or event.