Recently, the Kalispell City Council adopted Resolution No. 5851, which sets minimum standards for on-street parking. The on-street parking standards are applied to all city streets based on street classification, road width, and geometry. The resolution provides the Public Works Engineering staff the means to address areas of concern as they are brought forward. An analysis will be performed which may potentially designate a no parking area as warranted by their review. Analyses have been completed or currently under review for the areas listed below. Upon completion of the review, the City will move forward with a “No Parking” designation following a 30- day public notice.
- Four Mile Drive from Highway 93 Bypass to Highway 93
- Whitefish Stage Road from Reserve Drive to East California Street
- Heritage Way curve between Windward Way and Sunnyview Lane
- Crestline Avenue from Claremont Street to Buffalo Hill Drive
- Stillwater Road from West Reserve Drive to Three Mile Drive
- 11th Street from 1st Ave West to Main Street (Highway 93)
- Airport Road from 18th Street to the South