Board of Adjustment
- Meets as needed
Agendas & Minutes
- Mark Mussman - Term expires: April 30, 2020
- Robert Smith - Term expires: April 30, 2020
- Sarah Stahlberg - Term expires: April 30, 2021
The Board of Adjustment shall consist of five members. Any vacancy shall be for the unexpired term of the retired member. All the members of the board shall serve without compensation and any member may be removed for cause by the Mayor, subject to the approval of the City Council, upon written charges made and after a public hearing thereon.
Three-year terms to be staggered.
The Board of Adjustment may, in appropriate cases and subject to appropriate conditions and safeguards, make special exceptions to the terms of the ordinance in harmony with its general purposes and intent and in accordance with the general or specific rules therein contained.
- To hear and decide appeals, where it is alleged there, is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of this zoning ordinance or of any ordinance adopted pursuant thereto.
- To hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of the ordinance upon which such board is required to pass under such ordinance.
- To authorize, upon appeal in specific cases, such variance from the terms of the ordinance as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provision of the ordinance would result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the ordinance shall be observed and substantial justice is done.
Members must be residents of the City of Kalispell.
For More Information
Contact the Planning Department.