- 6 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Council Chambers
201 1st Avenue East
Kalispell, MT 55901
This board has three terms expiring April 30, 2020Click here for an application.
Board Application Please contact the County to apply for the County position at (406) 758-5503.
- Chad Graham, President - Council Term
- Doug Kauffman, V.P. - Term ends: April 30, 2021
- George Giavasis - Term ends: April 30, 2020
- Kurt Vomfell - Term ends: April 30, 2021
- Ronalee Skees - Term expires: April 30, 2020
- Joshua Borgardt - Term expires: April 30, 2020
- Rory Young (County) - Term expires: April 30, 2021
Not less than seven members as follows:
- One member appointed by the City Council from its membership.
- One member appointed by the City Council, who may in the discretion of the City Council be an employee or hold public office in the City or County in which the City is located.
- One member appointed by the Mayor as designated by the County Commissioners.
- Four citizen members to be appointed by the Mayor, two of whom shall be resident freeholders within the urban area, if any, outside of the city limits, and two of whom shall be resident freeholders within the city limits.
Two-year terms to be staggered. The City Council member term shall coincide with his / her term as a Council member.
The purpose of this board is to improve the present health, safety, convenience, and welfare of Kalispell citizens and to plan for the future development of the community to the end:
- That highway systems be carefully planned
- That new community centers grow only with adequate highway, utility, health, educational, and recreational facilities
- That the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth
- That residential areas provide healthy surroundings for family life
- That the growth of the community be commensurate with, and promotive, of the efficient and economical use of public funds
The board was created by Montana Code Annotated 76-1-101 through 113.
Contact the Planning Department for more information.