Looking to Pay Your Water and Sewer Bill?

Customers can pay online by visiting the City’s Utilities Inquiry & Online Bill Pay Webpage. For questions, please contact the Utility Billing Department at 406-758-7745. 

Consumer Confidence Report

View the consumer confidence report (PDF).

Water Main Tap

Water main taps must be scheduled through the Public Works Office. Water main taps require one week advance notice for installation. For services, the Water Department shall install a service saddle, a service valve as well as tap the main. The customer shall bear the full expense for labor, equipment and materials for such installations. The customer shall obtain a permit from the Department of Public Works before making said excavation and connection. All work shall be performed in accordance with City Standards.

Out-of City Water Utility Service

For water service to property outside the city limits, a signed petition for Annexation form and a signed Waiver of the Right of Protest Annexation form must be submitted to the Public Works Office prior to utility service connection. Petitions to Annex are available from the Kalispell Planning Office located at 201 1st Avenue East, Kalispell.

Water Service Line Installation

It is the responsibility of the Property Owner to install and maintain water service from the main to their building.


The Water Department shall provide, operate and maintain all meters, except as provided in Rule V (5) for watering sprinkling. The customer is responsible for the cost of testing and maintenance of all meters in excess of two inches. Under no circumstances shall the customer remove, manipulate, or tamper with the meter.

The Water Department may replace any meter at such time as it may be judged necessary by the Water Department.

Water Service Turn-on Requests

Upon installation of the water meter, the Property Owner or the Contractor must request the water service to be turned on at the Public Works or Water Billing Offices. 24 hours advance notice is required.

Water Service Emergency Shut Off Requests

To request the water to be turned off on an emergency basis call the Public Works Office, 406-758-7720, or the Water Billing Office, 406-758-7745, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. For service after hours, weekends or holidays, contact the Kalispell Police Dispatch Office at 406-758-7780.

Related Documents