In addition to measures to protect the public health from the COVID-19 health outbreak that we are all facing, the City understands the importance of protecting the economic health and vitality of our businesses and community organizations. With that in mind, we will attempt to update this page with links to Federal, State, and other resources that may be of use as we all navigate the repercussions of the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent precautions.
Flathead County COVID-19 Business Guide
Unemployment insurance eligibility for self-employed and independent contractors from the Montana Department of Labor: http://dli.mt.gov/self-employed-contractors
Changes to the unemployment insurance system available at Montana Department of Labor & Industry website at: http://dli.mt.gov/employer-covid-19
The Community and Economic Development Department works with non-profit and for-profit developers and financial institutions to create affordable housing, economic development and job creation within the City of Kalispell. Some of the financial development tools the Department is able to access for public/private sector development are:
- Economic Development Grants for the creation of well-paid jobs.
- Federal and State grant funding sources for public facilities and affordable housing projects.
- Special Improvement Districts
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) generated through fiveUrban Renewal Districts, providing: City-made low-interest loans and/or grants for on-site infrastructure needs, landscaping, parking, and decorative street lighting; and public construction of off-site infrastructure needs when it benefits the community at large.
- Brownfields Resources
- Revolving Loan Funds for small business needs.
Supplemental Environmental Assessment
- Visit the Montana Department of Commerce website to find out more and view the Montana Designated Opportunity Zones map. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|The city of Kalispell does not have a city business license program. You will need to follow all zoning requirements and state statutes and requirements.|