City of Kalispell Surplus Inventory Available!
The Public Works Department is comprised of Engineering, Water Resources, Maintenance & Construction, Budget Resources, and Administration divisions. We are responsible for:
- Infrastructure Engineering and Design
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Storm Drainage Collection
- Wastewater Collection and Treatment
- Fleet Maintenance and Acquisition
- Budget Management and Control
- Construction Management and Inspection
- Street Maintenance and Improvements
- Snow Plowing, De-icing, and Leaf Removal
- Traffic Control Operations
- Garbage Collection and Disposal
- Utility and Facility Planning
The Public Works Department is also responsible for reviewing development plans to ensure all new developments are in compliance with City ordinances and regulations.